Overnight Climb – Pico Mountain
The ascent at night is a mixture of emotions and sensations. To be able to see a dusk from the top of Portugal’s Highest Mountain in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, to contemplate a starry sky inside a Crater at 2.300 meters of altitude and accompanied by a fantastic sunset seen from the “piquinho”; and the next day a unique dawn from the top of a dormant volcano is undoubtedly the best gift one can have when visiting the Azores.
- English speaking certified mountain guide;
- Head flashlights;
- Tents and sleeping bag;
- Trekking poles;
- Mountain access fee;
Mandatory equipment to bring
- Footwear suitable for hiking: boots or similar;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat;
- Jacket suitable for the season and raincoat all year;
- 1,5 liters of water;
- Energetic snacks, sandwiches or similar;
Expected duration: 21H00
Difficulty level: Hard
Distance: 8,0 KM
Altitude: 2351 M
Activity start altitude: 1230 M
Minimum age: 12 years
- People with pacemaker are forbidden as well as those who have dived during the last 30 hours;
- Customers with regular sneakers and/or without the required equipment will be denied to climb the mountain;
- Hotel pick-up is subject to availability. If so, meeting point will be at “Casa da Montanha”;
- This hike is not recommended for people with knee/joint or ankle problems.
- Activity is subject to availability, safety conditions and weather conditions.