Night Climb – Pico Mountain
With the mountain surrounded by stars, climbing Pico at night is something fascinating and stunning while contemplating an infinite number of stars.
While reaching the top of the Mountain you can enjoy a fantastic view with the 5 islands at our feet, then watch a unique moment at sunrise and watch the formation of the shadow of the mountain projected into the ocean. This is an opportunity and experience of a lifetime not to be missed.
- English speaking certified mountain guide;
- Lanterns/ head flashlight;
- Sleeping bag;
- Trekking poles;
- Mountain access fees;
- Footwear suitable for walking: boots or similar;
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and hat;
- Jacket suitable for the season and raincoat all year;
- 1,5 liters of water;
- Energetic snacks, sandwiches or similar;
Expected duration: 10H00
Difficulty level: Hard
Distance: 8,0 KM
Altitude: 2351 M
Activity start altitude: 1230 M
Minimum age: 12 years
- People with pacemaker are forbidden as well as those who have dived during the last 30 hours;
- Customers with regular sneakers and/or without the required equipment will be denied to climb the mountain;
- Hotel pick-up is subject to availability. If so, meeting point will be at “Casa da Montanha”;
- This hike is not recommended for people with knee/joint or ankle problems.
- This activity is subject to availability, safety conditions and weather conditions.